Friday, August 17, 2007

Trike and Tumble

I'm pretty sure that I asked for a trike with a long handle so my back wouldn't ache for a day after each ride. Well, a collective poor Joel or aaawwwwwhhhhh would be appropriate. I realize that the sore body and aching is part of tricycle training and that grandparents everywhere are longing for a torch to cut all the ergonomically correct tricycle and bike training devices into tiny bits!

After what seemed like an hour and a half of bent over pushing Dylan decided to pedal. Hallelujah!!!






I said nothing about keeping the tricycle on the sidewalk. I'm sure all kids love to go off-roadin'! Dylan is no different and he actually thought falling over the handlebars was the best/funniest way to do this.

In other daredevil news - He jumped off of our bed and didn't hurt himself. This scared me. Then two minutes later while coming down the stairs he decided to jump from step to step. This didn't go so well. He landed on his chest and slid on his nose and forehead down a few stairs before he stopped. He cried for a minute or so and then wanted to play again. No harm no foul. I hope he learned his lesson. ( He had his fingers crossed)

No comments: