Thursday, January 3, 2008

His Dark Materials

Just finished this book. It doesn't deserve all the hoopla about promoting Atheism or destroying Christianity. It's a entertaining story with great characters and in my opinion, the author deserved all the literary awards he received.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one of the books by the same guy as the compass?
I just finished reading Strangers (Dean Koontz) have you read that one?
Ali
PS LOVE the barrette pic! Can't wait til James wants me to paint his toenails or something of the sort!!!

Joel said...

Ali,

His dark materials is the name for the trilogy of The Golden campass, the subtle knife and Amber Spyglass. All of which will be made into movies and release every other year around x-mas time. (at least that's the plan to effectively eradicate christianity)

Anonymous said...

I think it'll take more than a movie or three to do that. :)
So are the books worth reading then? The movie previews don't look like my style but what do I know?
A