Dylan and I spent most of our morning shopping, eating and driving/riding in the car.
Then Ollie came. He was soooooo pleasant while Tony was around. Then the door shut and nothing was good enough. I tried every combination of toy, food, diaper change, water, banana, monkey, cow, faces, noises, bottle. It took me 1/2 just to get him to settle down enough to accept the bottle. It took another 1/2 hour to get him to eat it.

1230pm - Ollie finished eating. Still not happy.
1pm - Dylan woke up and Ollie was alittle bit better. But still not happy. Tony suggested feeding him bananas and rice cereal. So, I tried it(yuck) and I tried to feed it to Ollie. He just screamed and tried to gag on it. Dylan offered to take Ollie home. (He's so thoughtful)
What? We didn't hear anything.1-2:15- we played the diversion game to the best of both our abilities. (we're pretty good at it) Ollie started to rub his eyes. So, I moved into sleep position on the rocking chair and he collapsed of exhaustion soon after.
Sorry no flash. Didn't want to risk it.3:15 - (Yes, he slept for an hour) woke up from his nap as a new baby. Drank his bottle in one sitting. (no gagging, coughing, crying, just good natured sucking)
This demonstrates the force behind a Dylan hug.He was an absolute saint the rest of the day.
Don't take driving lessons from her, she's a horrible driver.530 - Tony arrived to pick-up our fantastic baby friend. Dylan even said goodbye.
After dinner, we sat down at the table to do some crafty things. Dylan and I made a game to learn colors. Tricia says I'm doing very well. It's great to get positive feedback. (She's so patient) Dylan and I reviewed the color blue and can match nine other colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment