
Dylan watched some Sesame Street while I finished reading my current book, Seize the Night. (I highly recommend these books...Fear Nothing and Seize the Night, I'm hoping that Koontz continues to write about this character.)
Tony and Ollie arrived around 1115. The transition was smooth and Ollie was fabulous the whole afternoon. He are the bottles I feed him (noon and 215) without screaming or choking and he played on the floor with Dylan the whole afternoon. Except of course for his nap. (115 to 145 and 4 to 430)

Dylan did his best to play with Ollie but a number of times he got super-excited and headbutted Ollie in the face. (Ollie fell like a tree but without the sounds...I'll have to teach Dylan to say, "Timber!")
We finally got batteries for the remote controlled car that Uncle Dede got Dylan for his birthday. Ollie has begun to crawl and chased it all around the living room. Ollie was screeching and yelling while Dylan was saying, "Ollie boom, boom". Then Ollie would catch the car and immediately chew on it. It was very entertaining!

Taking care of a 7-month old baby, that is not my own, is one of the most demanding things I will ever do. But Ollie has the softest little cheeks, I can't help nibbling on them....Dylan's have already turned to leather therefore no longer worthy of nibbling. It's really rather selfish to babysit just so you can kiss soft little cheeks. (Now I know how to motivate grandmas)

My first Edgewood Community Band rehearsal was this evening. The rust was very apparent. The nice thing is, I'm not the only one. I did manage to get through it without too much embarrassment. Sorry mom, no timpani parts yet. I'll be playing-snare drum, bass drum, tambourine, and crash cymbals as it sits right now.
Then I had a few drinks at Brasserie V on Monroe Street with Kumar, Brian, and Jeremy. It was a great time! I found out, yet again, that I'm still thirty and five very tasty brews is more than enough to make me feel like crap the next morning. That being said, I would do it again in a heartbeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment